Tuesday 22 October 2013

In the Wrong Order - a look back at the Festival of Quilts

Yes, the Festival of Quilts was in August, but that got lost in my summer hiatus and so blogging about the show was sadly neglected.

But all the talk of the Knitting and Stitching brought me back to the photos I took at the FOQ.  Particularly exciting was seeing Stephanie Redfern's stand, especially as my mum then bought me one of her pictures.  I love my mum.  And my dad, I think it was a present from him too!!

Spring Rain by Stephanie Redfern. 

Flowerpecker by Stephanie Redfern

Stephanie's work on her stand was amazing.
Duanne Cervaal's piece had amazing colours and was constructed beautifully
Sandra Wyman's Transition: Dragonfly
Linda Kemshall's quilt was huge, and had been printed on one piece of fabric.  It looked fabulous.
Uta Lenk's Play of Lines XXXI

It was a great show, with plenty of great quilts on display.  Also there was a stand by Mandy Pattullo.  I am not entirely sure about whether I like all of her work, but this piece, a printed skirt was lovely.  I liked the colour and the pattern created by print.  

Mandy Pattullo

1 comment: