Friday 22 February 2013

Inspired by Dyan Reaveley

Also at the CHS show, I watched Dyan Reaveley demonstrate her new Dyelusions colours, stencils and stamps, all of which I loved.

Something really useful I picked up was that she mops up the inks with the whole kitchen roll - just dabs all the excess ink away on the roll.  I had been struggling with this before as the inks pool a lot when you spray them on and I've always left them to dry for ages.  This way, you can just get straight on with the next stage - stencilling or stamping or more spraying - Dyan was using her white semi-opaque spray to create a shadowing effect.

All of this was fantastic, so when I came home, I had a go.  This is what I did:


I have to say that she makes it look effortless, whereas I had a few crises of confidence whilst doing it.  I used the Tim Holtz Random Alphabet mask to block out the lettering, and then sprayed Dyelusions sprays over the top.  After mopping up the excess, I stamped with Stampers Anonymous Tattered Elements and a Moulding Mat Lava Lamp.  Then I removed the masks and coloured in the lettering with a brush and Dyelusions (as I had seen Dyan do).  Then I did some extra detail with a Sharpie.

I have been doing some more and will post those when I have finished them.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Mrs C! The colours are so vibrant and the composition is fab. x

    ReplyDelete