Monday 4 February 2013

Crocheted jumper

I can't remember if I made mention (must have been a while ago), of some Rowan Creative Linen I bought in Darkness (the colour).  Well, since October, I have been beavering away at my very first jumper.  And now I have finished.  For those of you who have read my other posts, my previous forays into crocheting have been of the novice (ie onion cosy, granny square-ish).  So I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I decided to tackle the Estella Jumper by Marie Wallin for Rowan.  It was featured in the Rowan Holiday Crochet book, and I found the pattern in Inside Crochet magazine (issue 33, September 2012).

This is what the jumper proper looks like:

Estella
http://www.knitrowan.com/designs-and-patterns/patterns/estella

And this is what mine looks like:



OK for a first attempt I think.

The stitches used were slip stitch, double crochet and broomstick stitch.  I had never done the latter before, which I was a bit nervous about, but the internet is a wonderful thing, and I found several You Tube demonstrations.  I will try and do a picture tutorial tomorrow, as it was very easy to grasp and a lovely stitch.



2 comments:

  1. OMG! Mrs Crumpsey! O*M*G!!!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic stuff - look forward to seeing you model it!

    ReplyDelete