Wednesday 9 May 2012

Let loose in London

I had the good fortune to take a trip to London last week. My aim was to visit Ray Stitch in Islington, and also to pop to Loop to see if there was anything to cater for my burgeoning crochet habit.

I found my way to Ray Stitch first (though I managed to walk straight past it and it was only good fortune that caused me to look up at the moment where it was still in my eyeline) and what a delight it was.

As you can see, I braved through the rain to get there, and arrived, sodden, resembling a drowned rat.  Unfortunately not looking so luminous as I had left my Amy Butler mac at home for fear that it wouldn't be waterproof enough.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and answered the questions I had about the products. And what a bag of goodies I managed to pick up. A bundle of fat quarters, some ribbons, more fabric and some kiddie paper craft sets. I spent a small fortune but was thrilled with my booty.
Some of life's essentials all bound up in lovely ribbon. 

A bundle of fat quarters that begs to be taken out, laid out flat, admired, and then putting back into a neat little bundle whilst deliberating what you are going to do with it...

Just updating the fabrics here, as I have found all the correct names and colours for them.  They are all by Lotta Jansdotter and they are (top to bottom): Ranka Sarsaparilla, Ruta Sarasparilla, Lena Rugged Suede, Florine Sarsaparilla, Choma Bermuda.  I do love them.

The paper craft sets are by mibo and I bought The Carrot Crew which is a set of 3 rabbits (no 4) and the Jet Set Pets No 7, which is 4 animals on their travels!  So cute, and I bought them as presents, but am not sure whether I can part with them yet.  Sooooo cute!  But then if I do keep them, there's a good chance they will be joining the little pile of goodies I've never got around to making, including a Skiing Sheep that you can turn the handle on and get him to ski!  I love that.

www.mibo.co.uk

I did manage to go to Loop but was a little intimidated by all the lovely yarn on sale (not ready to be touched by my clumsy fingers), and so left there empty handed.

There were several gorgeous shops on Camden Passage that I browsed in and bought a few bits and pieces, but after that was wearied by walking and the rain, so headed home, lighter of pocket, heavier of foot, but with a very happy demeanour. I love shopping for pretty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment