Saturday 14 December 2013

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Imagine me crooning that song.  Hmm, maybe don't.  It will be too tuneless!

As I am very behind on my Christmas cards, here is a little piccie of how far I have got so far.  I did start, for my Stitch n'Bitch friends, by crocheting snowflakes out of the brilliant 100 Snowflakes to Crochet book from Search Press, written by the uber-talented Caitlin Sainio.


I reviewed the book for Workshop on the Web in December 2012 (yes, it's taken me a year to catch up) but I have been feeling confident enough to tackle a few for Christmas cards.  Or that was my initial thought. After crocheting my first 8 and stiffening them for all my Stitching buddies, I realised that to do them for everyone was going to take me up to next Christmas and there was unlikely to be any presents, turkey, Christmas pud if I was going to be a slave to the hook.  

So I decided to take on a slightly easier project for cards.  I bought a couple of snowflake thermofax screens  which were such an excitement and I screened those in silver acrylic onto Khadi paper, which I had bought in little packs from Art Van Go when I accidentally shopped there a few weeks ago (I had gone up for the exhibition).  When dry, they were put through the die cutter with a snowflake embossing folder and then I used Ranger Distress Ink Pads in varying colours.  The variety of colours stems from using an old sponge, which still had the residue of many colours and which I was too lazy to replace.  But they turned out OK as I think I got some good combinations and blends.



Finally, using a Crafter's Workshop Flurries stencil which I masked off, I used thick white paint to stencil another snowflake on.  Job done.  Just need to write my cards now.   Bah humbug!

I realise now, having given away all of my snowflakes, that I didn't actually take any piccies of them.  I will try and make up a couple more in time for Christmas and post them here...

1 comment:

  1. Those cards are fantastic Sam. Gorgeous colour schemes.x

    ReplyDelete