Friday 13 July 2012

On My Travels

My daughter's teacher is leaving school to go and travel around the English Coastal regions, so I have been working hard to make her a book from the class.  I have once again used my trusty Sizzix to cut out some text with the Wordplay die.  I used the front cover, which says 'Places I've Been' in a review I did for the Wordplay die (forthcoming on Workshop on the Web) so here I am printing a picture of the back cover.




The background fabric was a collage done on Picasa and was machine stitched down and edged with a zig-zag stitch.  I used the same fabric to create a tag bookmark with 'I am here' in white embossing powder.



Inside, I stuck messages from the children in, so that when she is (hopefully) recording her travels, she will come across a few surprises on the way.

1 comment: