Monday 19 March 2012

Stitch and Craft

I had a great day at Stitch and Craft Show at Olympia on Saturday. Got up at 6.30am which was a bit of a shock to the system, but I needed that much time to ensure that hair, make up and presentable clothing was done in good time. The show was good. There was a knitted village, of which I took a few pictures. That last one is a little dog having a pee up the side of a lamppost. I love the things with a sense of humour!

There were also some fantastic pennants on display for Quilts 4 London. People from all over the world have made over 15,000 pennants to be given to the athletes coming to the Olympics and Paralympics. They were strung up all around the hall.

There was a beautiful yurt that Linzi Upton had made of quilts. There were some beautiful pieces there, especially one of a Moom Hare. I had a chat to her before the hoards descended and she was lovely. If I could camp in a yurt as comfy looking as that, I might even be tempted to take up camping. I say that with the sure fire knowledge that it is unlikely that I will EVER take up camping. It would make a lovely retreat for your garden!

Next post will be my soon-to-be-finished Amy Butler mac. Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment