Thursday 8 March 2012

Hugo

I went to see Hugo yesterday (I'd missed it over Christmas - lack of willing small children agreeing to accompany me).  It was fabulous and just breathtakingingly shot.  A definite design source for any Steampunk fans.  Lots of cogs, clockwork and metal work.  And steam!  A beautiful story and I hadn't realised that I would need a tissue at the end.  I did think that it would have gone over very small children's heads as there were a lot of themes runnings through (the subject of loss ran very deeply through the film in relation to several of the characters), and it was a love letter to the beginnings of cinema which as an adult was wonderful to see.  I would defnitely recommend the Empire Seniors screenings to anyone.  Our little group got a few quizzical looks from various OAPs (due to our relative youth) but for £3 a ticket with a cup of tea and a biscuit thrown in, who's to argue?

I shall be looking at clock faces with renewed vigour from now on.  It has given me a few ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment