Thursday 30 January 2014

New pieces with Kreinik Manufacturing Company

I first met the lovely Dena and Doug at the Craft, Hobby and Stitch Trade Show in Birmingham last year.  They were kind enough to give me some threads to review for Workshop on the Web and I loved working with them.  Just before Christmas, Santa came early when he dropped off a huge box of all different coloured threads, for me to work on something new for the the next CHS show, coming up soon.

It was like Christmas had come early, and I was slightly frustrated at having to put them to one side and get on with the Festive season.  But as all good things come to an end, I now have something new to look forward to!

I have started making a couple of pieces using printing technqiues.  The first is 'feathery' themed, as I am currently addicted to feathers (on Pinterest, where I have a burgeoning board).


I have painted the background using Koh-i-noor dye paints, then have stamped over with homemade stamps, thermofaxed some feathers in differing sizes, and as you can see in the top right hand corner, I have started to stitch!  I am using Kreinik's Gold, and I will also be using White Gold and Yellow for this first layer of stitching.  These are from the Fine Twist range.

For my second piece, I printed a leaf and stem design using blue screenprinting ink and a freezer paper stencil.  I used Plum Fashion Twist and Royal Blue Fine Twist for the first part of the machine stitching:




I will post a few more pictures as I continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment