Thursday 9 May 2013

Dividing Line Exhibition






Just getting in before it all finishes!  I have a piece in the Dividing Line Exhibition at the Upstairs Gallery in Berkhamsted.  Running until 11 May, it contains works of art by textile artists all following the theme of The Dividing Line.  My piece is called Autumnal Changes and I managed to get it finished during the Easter holidays when there was plenty of other stuff going on (namely children), so I am really pleased to have got into my first exhibition.

 You will be able to see close-ups on Workshop on the Web June issue as the individual leaves were stitched with Kreinik Threads, which I was reviewing for the magazine.

Other fabulous pieces of work include this one by Caroline Kirton:


So if you have a chance in the next few days, go along and see.  There are also some things to buy, including some beautiful purses by Louise Brainwood, aka ThirtyFive Flowers.

Will blog soon about the School for Creative Startups (I haven't forgotten) and the fabulous course I just went on with Angie Hughes, which has to be my most favourite course so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment