Saturday 4 August 2012

Hello to Jason Isaacs

As we are well underway, I thought I'd print a picture of my offering to the project Quilts 4 London, with which I was involved.  The project was set up to get people of all ages and abilities to make pennants using a craft technique (mainly quilting, and sewing, although there were a few papercrafts and knitted ones) to give as a gift to the visiting athletes during the Olympics.  The organisation has done a fantastic job in promoting new skills to people who would otherwise not have got involved.

My efforts were as follows:


For anyone that listens to the Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode Film Review Podcast on Radio 5, the Hello to Jason Isaacs phenomenon will be familiar to them.  They have said hello to the quite gorgeous Mr Isaacs for some years now on every show, and the phenomenon has gone viral, with people all over the world including their own hellos in increasingly outlandish ways.  The electronic banner in Leicester Square, one in LA for the Jay Leno Show, radio shows around the world are just some of the places to say Hello.

So I thought I would do my own little homage to Mr Isaacs and get involved with the Olympics for myself.  I spent a pleasant afternoon googling pictures (there had to be one of him without a shirt on from the recent Case Histories TV series), and put it all together. 

The pennant was on display at The View Tube Gallery, along with lots of other pennants.  The View Tube overlooks the Olympic Park, and until it was closed to the public in May, it was the closest view you could get to the Stadium.

Pennants hanging.  Can you spot Jason Isaacs?

Display at You Tube Gallery

I spy Jason again

It was a bit rainy (funny that)

Olympic Park view in April

Anish Kapoor's Orbit

The Aquatic Centre
I put a label on the back explaining the reasoning behind the pennant so whoever gets it should have some context for a pennant with lots of pictures of a handsome man...

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, brilliant and of course, "Hello to Jason Isaacs". You are a talented person. Kudos to you. What a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Yes, we must do all we can to spread the Hello!

      Delete